Our established client is looking for an SAP BW/BI Developer to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. They are looking for a technical Consultant with 7+ years of experience as they are in the process of completing multiple projects in their ECC/SRM/CRM/BW/BOBJ environment. In addition to project, they will also strive to fulfill the enhancements requested by their customers to improve the system. Other additional BW/BI related assistance during this period may be requested.
- The selected candidate will design, develop, configure, test, and maintain SAP BW/BOBJ software solutions based on customer requirements, using development standards and software development lifecycle process. Daily tasks may include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and 24/7 Support. This role will involve data management and integration, report development and analytics in both relational (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) environments.
- Interact with business to gather requirements, prioritize work, develop enhancements to the existing system, coordinate testing, and perform change management/training for BW/BI reporting and applications. Design comprehensive BI solutions, translating complex requirements into an optimal BI design. Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues.
• Build and Enhance BI/BW objects such as Info-Objects, Transformations, DTPs, Info-Providers (DSOs, Info-Cubes, and Multiproviders) and Process Chains. Monitor BI loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity/data design plus troubleshoot functional and technical software issues. Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
- Create BEx queries, workbooks, key figures and variables. Develop ABAP code including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
- Build Business Objects reports (4.1/4.2) using Analysis Edition for MS (Analysis/MS), Analysis Edition for OLAP (Analysis/OLAP), Crystal 2013, Crystal for Enterprise, Web Intelligence (Webi) and Design Studio with BW data and non-SAP data.
- Create Business Objects Universe as the data source with SAP and non-SAP data using Information design tool and develop reports based on Universe Data source.
- Support the training of BI Power Users. This includes BEx queries, Webi, Analysis/OLAP, Analysis/MS and dashboards developed with Design Studio
- Build our current BW landscape to include non-SAP data sources.
- Prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts) during the different stages of a project.
- This position requires a strong customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality, the ability to multi-task, a team focus, strong interpersonal skills and adherence to firm IT standards and change management procedures.
- The BI team works across departments to build common strategic frameworks that supports the overall business analysis capability of the firm.
- Keeps the project manager, supervisor and manager informed about customer pain points, project status, system improvements, and ways to be innovative and provide better solutions to customers.
- Clearly communicate any system issues to management and/or customers that can be understood.
- Maintain ticketing system with up to date solutions and clear record of activities.
- Must be able to lead projects and suggest new functionality for our growing customers.
- Additional responsibilities specified by Management.
- Must have led 3 or more full SAP System Development Lifecycle Implementations
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in: SAP BW/BI, BOBJ Report Development.
- Experience in design, development, testing of custom solutions to support business process requirements in P2P process is necessary.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with BI Tools such as Crystal, Webi, dashboards development, Universe, BO Analysis, Power BI, Crystal Reports.
- A minimum of 5 years of ECC & SRM extractors knowledge: HR, SD, FI, COPA PP, SRM, WM and ISU.
- 3+ year experience as a technical/functional lead including project management and configuration skills leading at least one project to successful and on time completion.
- Self-starter who enjoys working with data-centric technologies, keeping up with the latest trends and always looking for innovative solutions to solve business requirements.
- Provide end user support and troubleshooting assistance through hands-on resolution. Ensure all issues are logged within agreed timeframe.